Are you sitting on your desk and thinking where should you go for Christmas? How about having a look at the Best & Biggest Christmas Markets in Europe? Plenty of options, right?
I will try to help you out by dividing your choices into some categories such as:
- The most popular Christmas Market destination
- The oldest Christmas market in Europe
- The most famous Christmas Market in Europe
- Other best & biggest Christmas Markets in Europe
Let’s get started!
Advent in Zagreb, Croatia
Advent in Zagreb has been voted the most popular Christmas market destination. The market opens on November 30th and ends on January 1st, 2020. There are numerous concerts, music events, live dancing, ice skating! Also, they focus on serving delicious food. Moreover, there are going to be many Christmas Shows at the Croatian National Theater.
Dresden’s Striezelmarkt was named after a local pastry. It is the oldest official Christmas market held in the city of Dresden, only for one day, back in 1434. This market is all about the gorgeous decoration and delicious food.
Download our Travel App to get the most out of your Adventures!
Strasburg is often called the capital of Christmas. With the overall 500 years of tradition, it is the warmest Christmas Market destination in Europe. There are 11 markets spread out across the small city center. It is recommended to stay in the Grande Île, the city’s historic center. It takes only a short walk to go to all the markets.
Other Best & Biggest Christmas Markets in Europe
- Munich, Germany – The amount of beer and food consumed is addictive.
- Tivoli Gardens, Copenhagen, Denmark – They use over 120,000 Christmas lights. There are around 100 stalls that offer a range of nordic unique gifts.
- Winter Wonders, Brussels, Belgium – It offers ice skating, light shows, and a huge Christmas tree. Not to mention the BEERS.
Senada has been living abroad for 3 years. She enjoys travelling and wants to share her experience with you!